Saturday, March 3, 2012

Internal & External Educational Motivations

Yes the two motivations are internal and external. My internal motivation is what i believe powers me more than external motivations. My external motivations has always been easy to know, growing up in poverty to lower class was hard, but my mom sure kept a clean home where you never thought so we were poor. Watching TV and meeting other families that had two parents at home providing for their family was an external motivation. I loved seeing how parents saved for their children's education and provided a good life of vacations, driving nice cars, and living in comfortable homes with all the trimmings of beautiful closets, and technology gadgets. My single mother never had a formal education and she would always talk to my brother and I about obtaining our degrees. I wanted her to be proud of me and knew it mean the world to her if I did. These external aspects of life motivated me to pursue and higher education so I could be an expert and have the skills of a professional that is well rounded to earn the income to provide a dream come true.

My internal motivations is what i say is most powerful to allow me to accomplish my goals and dreams of higher education. I am spiritual and have a lot of faith in myself. I have had an internal power that allows me to persevere. I have always wanted to accomplish my true potential and find and live my passions in life to have happiness. Pursuing my education is one of my greatest challenges and fears. I have always wanted to accomplish this fear and it is a crying struggle at times to stay on course and not make excuses for myself on completing and and staying consistent. Seeing myself graduate and overcome my fear is my internal motivation for obtaining my education.

No comments: